A. L. Lee's product line is for underground mining, primarily coal. The machines offered include Utility Vehicles, Personnel Carriers and Rockdusters. These products are built to meet customers' needs.
A. L. Lee takes great pride in its design, construction and safety features included in each machine.
Rockdusting is the practice of applying inert rock dust to coal dust. The purpose of rockdusting is to arrest flame propagation when the dust is dispersed by the pressure wave from an explosion.
A. L. Lee manufactures, sells and services a full line of rockdusters, from 50 lb. (22 kg) distributors to 150-ton surface storage tanks.
Whether the requirement is for a mechanical or pneumatic duster, powered by hydraulics, electric motors, diesel engines or high-pressure air, A. L. Lee can furnish the equipment.
A. L. Lee offers rail or rubber tire Personnel Carriers, battery or diesel powered, that transport 2 to 20 passengers. Models are as low as 28" (72 cm).
Personnel Carriers are designed for safety, comfort and ease of operation.
A. L. Lee will custom design Carriers to meet the requirements of its customers. Utility Vehicles
A. L. Lee designs, manufactures, sells and services several types of Utility Vehicles, battery and diesel.
This category consists of a variety of Tractors, Maintenance Service Vehicles, Multi Purpose Vehicles, Forklifts, Push Out Cars, Supply Cars and Scoop Trams.
If you are looking for a machine for clean-up, towing or material handling, consider A. L. Lee's Utility Vehicles.
Single and Dual Boom Roof Bolters
AL Lee’s range of Single and Twin Boom Roof Bolters are available in six models suitable for seam heights of 800mm up to 3m and are designed to meet Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) approval.
Each model is a rubber-tired vehicle fitted witha cable realer. All major components, hyraulic pump, blower, hydraulic motor, and dust box are located along the outside of the machine for ease of maintainance.
- Automatic temporary roof support (atrs) system is provided to protect the operator while drilling.
- The drill pot can be mounted in a hydraulically operated sumping head that provides an 8” or 22” sump for drill flexibility.
- Dry dust collection system blower operates only when the drill head is used so that noise is reduced. the dust box is located near the drill head for maximum efficiency.
- The hydraulic functions are controlled through pilot control valves which reduce the number of large hoses to the drill boom and operators stations.
- Spring activated multi-clutch brakes automatically engage when tram levers are in neutral position.
- Emergency stop switches are located along the sides of the machine for greater safety.